Under the leadership of our Chief Executive, Professor Paul Workman FRS, the ICR is ranked as the UK’s leading academic research centre. Together with our partner The Royal Marsden, we are rated in the top five cancer centres globally.
The ICR is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best minds in the world to join us in our mission – to make the discoveries that defeat cancer.
The Clinical Trials and Statistics Unit at The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR-CTSU) is expanding its statistical team. We want to hear from you if you:
- like the challenge of analysing complex datasets and/or researching, developing and implementing efficient trial methodology that would make a difference in patients’ lives
- want variety in your work and opportunities to apply your statistical knowledge across a number of therapeutic areas in oncology
- like to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team with like-minded statisticians.
Applications are now open for a Principal Statistician position to join our team of over 20 statisticians. This post offers an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and well-motivated statistician to work in a dynamic and supportive academic environment at one of the leading National Cancer Research Institute cancer trials units.
ICR-CTSU manages an exciting portfolio of national and international phase II and III clinical trials and an expanding number of early phase I/II cancer trials. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on the statistical development, oversight and analysis of a number of clinical trials and/or associated translational biomarker research studies across our portfolio.
The successful applicant will have a post-graduate qualification in statistics (or a first degree in statistics and practical experience in medical statistics), a sound understanding of randomised controlled trials and experience with survival analysis methods and applying statistical methods to real data. Good communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English, are essential. You should also be happy to work individually as well as part of a wider team.
For more details, please view the job description and person specification.
We consider all applications on merit and have a strong commitment to enhancing the equality and diversity of our staff. This role would usually be office based. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic the majority of the ICR-CTSU team are currently working remotely, and flexible working options may be considered.
For informal discussion about the Principal Statistician post, please contact Emma Hall, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general queries about the recruitment process, please contact ICR-CTSU, email: email@example.com.
Applications should be made via the e-recruitment system on the ICR website. When applying please upload your CV and a supporting statement outlining why you would be suitable for this position including how you meet the person specification and give the names and contact details of two referees.
We consider all applications on merit and have a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity of our staff.
The ICR is the leading academic research centre in the UK. Effective industry collaboration and innovation in new medicines and technologies are at the heart of our approach to drive benefits for patients. The ICR is ranked:
- first for the quality and impact of our research*
- second worldwide for the number of our publications cited in patents**
- fourth worldwide for the citation rate of scientific research published across all fields**
- fourth worldwide for top-cited research publications**
- in the top five higher education institutions worldwide for academic influence and commercial impact**