The ICR is ranked as the UK’s leading academic research centre. Together with our partner The Royal Marsden, we are rated in the top five cancer centres globally.
The ICR is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best minds in the world to join us in our mission – to make the discoveries that defeat cancer.
- Do you have a passion for the design and analysis of innovative clinical trials?
- Do you want variety in your work and opportunities to apply your statistical knowledge across a number of therapeutic areas in oncology?
- Would you like to work as part of a multi-disciplinary research team and with like-minded statisticians at an internationally recognised cancer clinical trials unit?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your leadership skills?
The Institute of Cancer Research, one of the world’s leading cancer research centres, is looking for a senior statistician to join the Clinical Trials and Statistics Unit (ICR-CTSU) at its Sutton site in Surrey. You will be a motivated and experienced medical statistician with a research interest in clinical trials methodology. You will work on the statistical development, oversight and analysis of a number of multi-centre phase II/III clinical trials and/or associated translational biomarker research studies cross our national and international portfolio.
The successful applicant will have a relevant higher degree and post-graduate experience as a bio-/medical statistician working in the field of clinical trials and/or related biomarker/translational research, an excellent understanding of randomised controlled trials and experience with survival analysis methods and of applying statistical methods to real data. Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g. Stata, R) is required. Good communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English, are essential to liaise with multi-disciplinary team members across multiple studies.
We consider all applications on merit and have a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity of our staff. Applications should be made via the e-recruitment system on the ICR website. When applying please upload your CV and a supporting statement outlining why you would be suitable for this position including how you meet the person specification and give the names and contact details of two referees.
For more details please click on the link for the job description and person specification below.
To apply, please click on the Apply button below and follow the instructions.
Closing date for applications: 25 October 2018
We look forward to receiving applications from all candidates, wherever in the world they are currently based. We will select those who display the potential to become, or to support, the world leading cancer researchers of the future based on their application and performance at interview. However, we particularly welcome British applicants from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, as they are under-represented within the ICR and nationwide in STEM roles.
The ICR is the leading academic research centre in the UK. Effective industry collaboration and innovation in new medicines and technologies are at the heart of our approach to drive benefits for patients. The ICR is ranked:
- first for the quality and impact of our research*
- second worldwide for the number of our publications cited in patents**
- fourth worldwide for the citation rate of scientific research published across all fields**
- fourth worldwide for top-cited research publications**
- in the top five higher education institutions worldwide for academic influence and commercial impact**
This Program is closed to applications.