Postdoctoral Training Fellow - Mass Spectrometry of Transient Motif-mediated Protein Interactions
Under the leadership of our Chief Executive, Professor Paul Workman FRS, the ICR is ranked as the UK’s leading academic research centre. Together with our partner The Royal Marsden, we are rated in the top four cancer centres globally.
The ICR is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best minds in the world to join us in our mission – to make the discoveries that defeat cancer.
We are recruiting a highly motivated new member to the Short Linear Motif Team in the Division of Cancer Biology, to work on a Cancer Research UK-funded project to understand the motif-mediated interactome of the human cell cycle. The Postdoctoral Training Fellow (on a fixed-term contract for 3 years in the first instance) will develop and apply mass spectrometry-based methods to the discovery of transient motif-mediated protein interactions. The project will elucidate the degree to which short linear motif-mediated interactions underlie basic cell cycle regulation in higher eukaryotic cells. This work is part of a larger project characterising motif-mediated interactions to identify weak points in cancer cells for therapeutic intervention.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To design and undertake experiments appropriate for the project, working in a semi-independent fashion involving the following:
○ Develop and optimise quantitative mass spectrometry-based methods for the discovery of transient motif-mediated
○ Apply these methods in a high-throughput manner to characterise motif-mediated interactions on a system-wide level
○ Follow-up using orthogonal biochemical or biophysical methods
○ To interpret findings and plan future experiments.
○ To maintain accurate records of experiments and data.
Please refer to the job description for more information.
The position is available from the 1st November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
For further informal inquiries about the position, contact Dr. Norman Davey (email@example.com) with the email title “Recruitment - Postdoctoral Fellow - Mass Spectrometry of Transient Motif-mediated Protein Interactions”.
Please do not submit your formal application by email. Applications must be submitted on the ICR Careers portal. Please click below to apply. Please include or attach the following:
- A 1-page letter explaining your research background, research interests, key skills in relation to the position and motivation for applying.
- A curriculum vitae including a list of peer-reviewed publications (may include papers under review).
- Referee contact details which should be 2 former supervisors.