Postdoctoral Training Fellow - Peptide Inhibitors of Cell Cycle Interactions
Under the leadership of our Chief Executive, Professor Paul Workman FRS, the ICR is ranked as the UK’s leading academic research centre. Together with our partner The Royal Marsden, we are rated in the top four cancer centres globally.
The ICR is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best minds in the world to join us in our mission – to make the discoveries that defeat cancer.
We are recruiting a highly motivated team member to the Short Linear Motif Team in the Division of Cancer Biology. A Cancer Research UK-funded Postdoctoral Training Fellow position (on a fixed-term contract for 3 years in the first instance) will be available to develop and apply therapeutic target discovery methods focusing on the inhibition of interactions in the cell cycle. The project will use designed polypeptides targeting protein-protein interaction interfaces to inhibit protein interactions. We are looking for a candidate with experience characterising protein interactions and we are particularly interested in candidates that have characterised interactions in mammalian cells. This work is part of a larger project characterising motif-mediated interactions to identify weak points in cancer cells for therapeutic intervention.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To design and undertake experiments appropriate for the project, working in a semi-independent fashion involving the following:
○ Develop and apply methods to create polypeptides targeting motif-binding pockets
○ Develop and optimise methods to discover therapeutic targets using peptide inhibitors
○ Apply these methods in a medium-throughput manner to identify and characterise novel therapeutic targets
○ Interpret findings and plan future experiments.
○ Maintain accurate records of experiments and data.
Please refer to the job description for more information.
The position is available from the 1st November 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
For further informal inquiries about the position, contact Dr. Norman Davey (email@example.com) with the email title “Recruitment - Postdoctoral Fellow - Peptide Inhibitors of Cell Cycle Interactions - Cell Cycle Computational Biologist".
Please do not submit your formal application by email. Applications must be submitted on the ICR Careers portal. Please click below to apply. Please include or attach the following:
- A 1-page letter explaining your research background, research interests, key skills in relation to the position and motivation for applying.
- A curriculum vitae including a list of peer-reviewed publications (may include papers under review).
- Referee contact details which should be 2 former supervisors.